Other Data on Women in Philosophy
Graduate Programs & PhDs:
- Survey of Earned Doctorates Philosophy Data on Gender, Ethnicity, and Race - Maintained by Eric Schwitzgebel (with NSF permission)
- Survey of Earned Doctorates - Sally Haslanger
- APA Fact Sheet on Women in Philosophy
- Faculty Search Resource Pages
- Academic Placement Data and Analysis - Jennings, C.., Kyrilov, A., Cobb, P., Vlasits, J., Vinson, D. W., Montes, E., & Franco, C.:
- Tenured/tenure-track faculty women at 98 U.S. doctoral programs in philosophy. Maintained by Julie Van Camp (2004-2016). Website.
- Statistics Compiled by MAP. Word Document.
- APA Committee on the Status of Women Data on Women in Philosophy page
- Women in Philosophy: Quantitative Analyses of Specialization, Prevalence, Visibility, and Generational Change - Schwitzgebel, E. & Dicey Jennings, C.:
- Blog of the APA
- APA Membership Demographics.
- Percentage of Women at APA Meetings, 1955, 1975, 1995, 2015. Eric Schwitzgebel
- Gender and Citation in Four General-Interest Philosophy Journals, 1993-2013. Kieran Healy
- Lewis and the Women. Kieran Healy
- Only 13% of Authors in Five Leading Philosophy Journals Are Women. Eric Schwitzgebel
- Female under-representation among philosophy majors: A map of the hypotheses and a survey of the evidence
- Improving the Participation of Women in the Philosophy Profession; Executive Summary. - Goddard, E.. Australasian Association of Philosophy.
- A series of reports - Australasian Association of Philosophy
- Quantifying the Gender Gap: An Empirical Study of the Under-Representation of Women in Philosophy Paxton, M., Figdor, C., and Tiberius, V. (2012) Hypatia 27(4): 949–957.
- Academic Placement Data and Analysis: 2015 Final Report. Jennings, C.., Kyrilov, A., Cobb, P., Vlasits, J., Vinson, D. W., Montes, E., & Franco, C. (2015) New APPS
- Program Review Report [Gender Composition], 2004-2011 - Executive Committee American Philosophical Association Pacific Division
Deciding Where to Apply
- The APA Guide to Graduate Programs in Philosophy:
- Female-Friendly Departments: A Modest Proposal for Picking Graduate Programs in Philosophy- Julie Van Camp
Understanding & Resolving Underrepresentation in Philosophy
Underrepresentation in Philosophy:
- The Mentoring Project for Pre-tenure Women Faculty in Philosophy.
- Philosophy in an Inclusive Key Summer Institute (PIKSI).
- The UCSD Summer Program for Women in Philosophy (UCSD SPWP).
Implicit Bias & Stereotype Threat:
- Implicit Bias & Philosophy International Research Project.
- Cultures of Brilliance and Academic Gender Gaps - Special Feature Leslie, S.
- Implicit Bias Rutgers University.
- Stereotype Threat Rutgers University.
- Best practices for the Inclusive Philosophy Classroom
- Guidelines for respectful, constructive, and inclusive philosophical discussion. Chalmers, D.
- Inclusiveness. Currie, A.
- Diversity and Inclusive Syllabus Collection, APA.
- SoCal Map Graduate Working Group on Inclusive Pedagogy
- Teach Philosophy 101.
- How to Improve the Situation for Women in Philosophy Hassoun, N.
- New data on the representation of women in philosophy journals: 2004–2015. Wilhelm, I., Conklin, S.L. & Hassoun, N.
- A Bechdel Test for Philosophy Papers. De Cruz, H.
- How Prominently Is Women's Philosophical Work Discussed? One Empirical Measure. Schwitzgebel, E.
Groups and Organizations
- Collegium of Black Women Philosophers
- Minorities and Philosophy
- Society for Women in Philosophy
- Women in Philosophy Task Force
- Discrimination and Disadvantage